“We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” - Jawaharal Nehru

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Travel Junkie

Travel the world? Yes, please!

I have always have had a interest in traveling. There is so much history and culture in the world - why wouldn't you want to experience it? So I have to travel. Plain and simple.

My desire to travel increased tremendously after our European Adventure 2010. 3 1/2 weeks was just not enough. It was a trip of a lifetime and it will forever hold a special place in my heart. There are so many wonderful memories Nick and I have. Nick always thought I had a "idealized" view of Europe. I romanticized it too much. When we got back he asked if it lived up to my expectations. And it did in every way possible. It only solidified my desire to continue to experience the world and create amazing memories.

So with that being said... I have now informed Nick we have to take a trip to somewhere new every year! He did get a little nervous. But then I clarified we did not have to take a 3 1/2 week trip every year...maybe every other year!!!

We just booked our trip to Belize! I.Cannot.Wait! It will be a GREAT trip. It has mix of laying by the beach, Mayan ruins, jungle, cave tubing....and many more things! We are staying at The Phoenix which will be the perfect hotel! It will be a great end to Nick's first year of graduate school. We both deserve a nice trip after the first year of our New Chapter (to our life). And, to top it off we get to have a few days in Dallas to see the family and friends! We will have not been back since we left!!!

My Future Travel Plans (for your enjoyment....well, I guess, really mine!)
  • England/Ireland: This is a must since we now are closer to London. Nick is really interested in seeing London. I hear it's just like NYC! I am already thinking - summer vacation 2012.... tour England and Ireland and go to the Summer Olympics. PERFECT! I am already trying to convince Nick!
  • Australia/New Zealand: It just looks so beautiful! And we met so many Aussies while traveling through Europe. They were the nicest people. And apparently it's one of the happiest places on earth. Who wouldn't want to go there?
  • Brazil/Peru: Nick has a fascination with South America. Or mainly just Brazil. But, it looks like a great time. We tried to do it this summer but we just didn't have enough time. So Brazil 2014 for the World Cup. I think it will be pretty easy to convince Nick of this one!
  • European Adventure Part 2: Amsterdam, Germany, Czech Republic, Austria, Croatia, Greece/islands. Yes, I do realize that is a lot. It would be another 3-4 weeks... but it's just a must. I had this planned shortly after we got back from our first Europe trip!
  • Canada: It just has to be on the list because I hear it's great and it's so close!
Those are at the top of the list. Trust me, there are plenty more!

Why would you want to stay in your "bubble" and never experience what the world can offer you? For me, traveling has now become a necessary part of my life and Nick's. It might take a little convincing in the beginning but he enjoys the experiences and memories we make just as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment