“We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” - Jawaharal Nehru

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Korean BBQ

Nick and I had our first Korean BBQ the other night....

Nick had gotten a message from some of his NYU friends that some people were meeting up at this place called Madangsui - some of the best Korean BBQ in the city!

We were definitley in... but I was pretty nervous. I am not the most adventurous eater. I have gotten better since moving here but I still like what I like.

The restaurant was pretty cool. Similar to Hibachi grills where the food is cooked in front of you. They have this make-shift grill in the center of the table where it's cooked. The pipes underneath the table that was, I'm guessing, for the gas looked really home-made. I was just crossing my fingers it didn't blow up!

The food was interesting.... the meat was really good. I'm not sure all the other sides and spices are my taste. I think I will stick with the BBQ I know!

It was a really fun night and we were glad we expereined a new food group. Can't say we will be back anytime soon.... but you never know!


Picture of the table


So fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment