“We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” - Jawaharal Nehru

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Weekend Fun

I sure do love weekends. There is just something so fabulous about a Friday night... knowing you don't have to go to work the next day or the next!

I met Nick at his office after work for some dinner... it has become our Friday night tradition. I don't get to see him too much during the week due to the internship so Friday night is date night.

Nick had purchased a Groupon deal for a cocktails and sushi for 2! We headed over to the UWS to a place called Fusha West. Now, we aren't big sushi people. I really have only eaten shrimp tempura (which most people don't consider sushi). So, this dinner was definitely going to be an adventure!

Our cocktails were pretty amazing. I had a yummy pomegranate margarita and Nick order some unusual drink. We had a pretty big laugh when the drinks arrived. Nick's drink was this girly pink liquid. Not manly at all! He said it tasted just like pink lemonade. It was just as good as my marg!


Look at that girly pink drink! Haha!

We ordered some calamari to start (not part of the deal but we wanted an appetizer) and then came our sushi for 2! It was a crazy amount of sushi! It was sushi and sashimi... Nick pretty much warned me that I probably wouldn't be eating the sashimi. Raw fish on rice.... might have to work up to that. The sushi was pretty standard. The plate had a California roll, lobster roll, and a tuna roll. The sashimi included tuna, white fish, salmon, and eel (really? eel?).


Look at that plate! I mean for beginner sushi eaters that's a pretty impressive plate!

I will admit that the California roll and lobster roll were my favorite. I know... not adventurous but I guess I am just not crazy into sushi. I did try a salmon sashimi and it was alright. Not the best thing I have ever eaten but I didn't spit it out so that's progress! I guess Nick and I just like the traditional sushi - I don't foresee any eel anytime soon!

Afterwards we stopped for some gelato before heading back home.

Nick took a train to Connecticut Saturday morning to purchase a new bike. To say that he loves his new bike is an understatement. I have a feeling I will never see him now. It will be constant riding now!


His new love... I have been replaced!

While Nick was getting his new bike, I met up with Julie and Kyle and some other friends for beach volleyball on the pier. It was a beautiful day and not too hot. We had a nice breeze off the Hudson. I was super excited about beach volleyball... I hadn't played since high school (i.e. 10 years!) but I figured I could still remember a few things. We had a great time! I forgot how much of a full body workout it is and I can't believe how slow the sand makes you! It was a great morning and hopefully there will be many more beach volleyball days in the future!


Emily, Julie, and me


Kyle and Greg

Nick and I pretty much relaxed on Saturday night. I had a pretty bad migraine in the afternoon so we took it easy.

Sunday morning I met up with Amber for brunch at Tipsy Parson. Good ole' Southern food. Eggs, grits, sausage, and toast. Yes, please! It was great meeting up with Amber and having some girl time! The food was fantastic... I absolutely love breakfast food. It's my favorite meal of the day!

After brunch I ran a few errands while Nick was at work putting final touches on his project. I bought my dads birthday presents and went for a manicure and pedicure - I was in desperate need after beach volleyball.

Nick came home and we grabbed some dinner at Luke's Lobster and had a relaxing night watching TV. I love the weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment