“We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” - Jawaharal Nehru

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Surprise Vineyard Day Trip

Nick surprised me last weekend with a group dinner Friday night and then a day trip to a Hudson Valley vineyard.
Oh how I love when he plans things for us! 

Friday night we met up with some great friends Pam and Matt & Jeremiah and Julie. We had reservations at Landmarc and it was a perfect evening of steak and potatoes! Pretty much everyone at the table either ordered a steak or burger. It was so great to see everyone and catch up!



Saturday I had no idea where Nick was taking me. I knew it involved about a 2 hour train ride. It was quite the hike! Towards the end of the second train ride Nick asked me if I had any idea where we were headed.... none. I didn't have a clue which for some reason surprised him.

I didn't realize where we were going until we got off the train and headed to the shuttle (and by shuttle I mean the small school bus). And the only reason I knew at that point was because our driver held a sign that said, "Millbrook Vineyards." Yes.... wine tasting! Perfect!

Such a great idea! By the time we made it to the vineyard it was lunch time and I was starving. We made our way down the path towards the outdoor kitchen. After a few decisions we decided on a glass of wine, two burgers, and a chocolate chip cookie. The vineyard had picnic tables set up all around the water and grapes... so we sat and enjoyed the scenery.





It was such a beautiful day we decided to take a short walk to the overlook where you can see for miles along the Hudson Valley. Such peacefulness. I've said it before and I'm sure it won't be the last time... it is so great to get out of the hustle and bustle of the city!










 

 

Afterwards we had a short tour of the vineyard and then finished with the wine tasting. The wine was really good and relatively inexpensive for a bottle. Perfect combination. It was the perfect day trip - I have a pretty amazing husband. He did joke that this "surprise" should give him points for at least 6 months!






Love this man!

No comments:

Post a Comment